Enhancing Vision and Comfort at University Optometric Center
At University Optometric Center in Irvine, CA, we understand the importance of clear vision and comfortable eyewear. We are committed to providing comprehensive eye care services, including contact lenses, to enhance your visual experience. Contact lenses offer numerous benefits over traditional glasses, allowing you to see clearly and comfortably while maintaining an active lifestyle. With a wide range of contact lens options available, we are confident we can help you find the perfect fit for your vision needs and personal preferences.
Benefits of Contact Lenses Compared to Glasses
Contact lenses provide a number of advantages, making them a popular choice for individuals seeking visual correction. Here are some key benefits of choosing contact lenses over glasses:
- Enhanced Peripheral Vision: Unlike glasses, which can obstruct your side vision, contact lenses offer an unobstructed field of view. This allows for improved peripheral vision, making contact lenses an ideal option for sports and other activities that require excellent visual awareness.
- Natural Appearance: Contact lenses sit directly on your eyes, providing a more natural look as compared to glasses. They do not obscure your facial features and allow your eyes to shine through, enhancing your overall appearance.
- Freedom of Movement: With contact lenses, you can enjoy unhindered physical activity without the worry of your eyewear slipping or falling off. Whether you're playing sports, exercising, or simply enjoying an outdoor adventure, contact lenses provide the freedom to move without restrictions.
- No Fogging or Reflections: Unlike glasses that can fog up in humid environments or reflect light, contact lenses eliminate these inconveniences. With contact lenses, you can enjoy clear vision regardless of the weather or lighting conditions.
Proper Contact Lens Care and Safety
At University Optometric Center, we prioritize your eye health and safety. Proper care and maintenance of contact lenses are crucial to ensure optimal visual correction and prevent eye infections. Here are some essential guidelines to follow for contact lens care:
- Hygiene: Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling contact lenses. Avoid using moisturizing soaps or lotions that may leave a residue on your hands. This helps prevent the transfer of dirt, bacteria, and other microorganisms to your eyes.
- Cleaning and Disinfection: Follow the recommended cleaning and disinfection procedures for your specific type of contact lenses. Use only the lens solution recommended by your eye care professional and avoid using tap water or saliva, as they can introduce harmful bacteria to the lenses.
- Storage: Store your contact lenses in a clean lens case filled with fresh disinfecting solution. Replace the solution after each use and clean the case regularly. Never reuse old solution as it is no longer sterile.
- Wearing Schedule: Follow the recommended wearing schedule provided by your eye care professional. Avoid wearing your contact lenses for longer periods than advised, as this can lead to eye strain, dryness, and increased risk of infections.
For more detailed information on contact lens care and safety, please refer to the guidelines provided by the American Optometric Association
Types of Contact Lenses We Offer
At University Optometric Center, we offer a wide variety of contact lenses to meet the unique needs and preferences of our patients. Our comprehensive range includes:
- Soft Contact Lenses: These lenses are made of flexible, water-absorbing materials, offering exceptional comfort and ease of use. They are available in various options, including daily wear, extended wear, and disposable lenses.
- Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contact Lenses: RGP lenses are made of rigid, oxygen-permeable materials, allowing for excellent oxygen flow to the eyes. They provide sharp vision, durability, and are suitable for various eye conditions, including astigmatism and keratoconus.
- Scleral Contact Lenses: Scleral lenses are larger in diameter and vault over the cornea, resting on the white part of the eye (sclera). They offer exceptional comfort and are beneficial for individuals with irregular corneas, dry eyes, or those who require high levels of visual correction.
- Hybrid Contact Lenses: Hybrid lenses combine the best features of both soft and RGP lenses. They have a rigid center for clear vision and a soft outer edge for enhanced comfort. Hybrid lenses are suitable for individuals with astigmatism or irregular corneas.
- Toric Contact Lenses: Toric lenses are designed specifically to correct astigmatism. They have different powers in different meridians of the lens to compensate for the irregular shape of the cornea. Toric lenses are available in both soft and RGP materials.
- Multifocal Contact Lenses: Multifocal lenses allow individuals with presbyopia to see clearly at all distances. They have multiple zones in the lens for near, intermediate, and distance vision, providing a seamless transition between different focal points.
- Colored Contact Lenses: Colored lenses offer a fun and versatile way to enhance or change your eye color. Whether you desire a subtle change or a vibrant transformation, our range of colored contact lenses allows you to express your unique style and preferences.
- Daily Contact Lenses: Daily disposable lenses are convenient and hygienic. They are worn once and then discarded, eliminating the need for cleaning and storage. Daily lenses are an excellent choice for occasional wear, sports activities, or individuals with allergies.
Our experienced optometrists will conduct a comprehensive eye examination to determine the most suitable contact lens option for your vision needs, lifestyle, and ocular health. We will guide you through the fitting process, ensuring that your contact lenses provide optimal vision, comfort, and safety.
Let’s Find Your Perfect Contact Lenses
At University Optometric Center, we are dedicated to providing exceptional contact lens services, from initial consultation to ongoing follow-up care. Our team of highly skilled professionals stays up to date with the latest advancements in contact lens technology to offer you the best possible visual experience.
Experience the freedom, comfort, and clear vision that contact lenses can provide. Schedule an appointment with University Optometric Center in Irvine, CA, and let our experts guide you in finding the perfect contact lens solution for your unique needs.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our contact lens services, please contact University Optometric Center by calling us at (949) 216-8900 or emailing us. Our friendly staff is ready to assist you and address any questions or concerns you may have. Take the first step toward clear, comfortable vision with contact lenses at University Optometric Center. Make sure to get directions
before heading our way.